The big update this week is that the Android Tecno Pop 2 Plus phones have safely arrived from Tanzania! Brian and Simran were able to send us two of Kokoa Kamili’s phones. Due to the odd, remote circumstances of this quarter, we split up the phones - keeping one on Stanford campus where Jesus and Amanda are currently located and sending one to Southern California for Jenny. We also received the thermal receipt printers we ordered in the mail. We’re all set up and ready to start implementing our solution!
Thus far, we have already been able to sync a personal iPhone with a printer and have printed out a screenshot of the iOS appsheet interface. This is very exciting as a preliminary result indicating that our method of printing screenshots is viable! Next steps will be to download the printer-specific apps onto the androids and identify their specific capabilities. One potential shortcoming that we have identified is the blurriness of screenshot text. We will be doing printing trials to identify if differently sized text will mitigate this potential issue. We’re hopeful that a bigger font will do the trick and are overall very excited to be moving forward to tackle the actual implementation of our proposed design!